Thursday, February 10, 2011

REAL-TIME Duckie Update

We reached a record low last night with temps dipping down to 27 below on one thermometer and to 29 below on the other. Even though Duckie's quarters are not super warm neither are they so very cold that it would hurt him. However, after all these snow-bound days, he hasn't gotten to get out much as the creek is mostly frozen over and with 25 inches of snow everywhere, there's virtually no ground to walk on.

Anyway, I guess Sig was feeling sorry for him and thought that Duckie needed some company, because the next thing I knew here was Duckie. In the house. He has now been in here for a couple of hours and he has yet to shut up for any length of time. That boy is very noisy. Oh, by the way, he is in a cage. It would not be good for our house or him to be flying around dropping unmentionables at random. I did see on the internet that some people make diapers for their ducks. I can't see myself doing that... yet.

Tomorrow should be a good day for him. It will be a lot warmer and there will be quite a bit of water. He's used to staying out all day and having total freedom. We will all be glad for the warmer weather.

1 comment:

Roseanna said...

ha ha, i would LOVE to see you make a duck diaper.