Saturday, December 19, 2009

COOKIE DAY


Aaron and I had a good time baking cookies today, though it is a toss-up whether his "help" was beneficial. Anyway, he had good time and I guess that is what really counts. He was excited to help and I was a little less excited about his declaration. He saw me rolling up cookies with my hands and decided that was what he would like to do. He immediately went to wash his hands. Now that is a good thing. This is an almost-nine-year-old boy who knows that he must wash up before he cooks!!!! Soon he was back but was in such a hurry that he hadn't dried his hands all that well and was finishing the job on his sweats. I had to tell him that wouldn't fly in this household... so he had to do it all over again... wash and dry his hands once more! He was happy rolling cookie dough into balls and then rolling those in sugar. He even tried his hand at rolling dough with a rolling pin for the sugar cookies. We could actually tell which cookies he had made when they came out of the oven. His had extra sugar on the outside. That's my boy!

1 comment:

Dan Williams said...

Aaron you sure did a good job helping your mom make those cookies. When I got up this morning I had some with my coffee. The were delicious. Thank you for the good Christmas gift.