Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BIRTHDAY LUNCH for MOM

Well, I am not real happy with myself right now - I forgot to take pictures. However, I'm pretty sure my mother is well-pleased about that. Anyway, I had planned to have a dinner on Sunday for my mother's 72nd birthday which would actually be on March 2, but with the way the weather went, we canceled it out. So yesterday I called and asked her if she would like to have it around noon or in the evening. She picked noon time. I immediately called Joy Ann Day and asked if she would like to come as a surprise guest.

So, today Mom gets to my house before noon and to keep her occupied, I let her look at a few "bridal shower" pictures from Colin and Faith, and also from the Stanbery showers. So while she is groaning over the pictures of her and laughing about some of the others, Joy Ann arrives and I sneak her into the house. I then comment to Mom that it is amazing what the trash man will leave behind and when she turned around, there was Joy. It's always fun to watch my mom's expressions. And, to you who know her, you know what I mean!

We really had a good time but I actually had to break up the party to go pick up the boys from school. I am definitely not cooking tonight! How could anybody else be hungry when I am still so full?

No comments: