Saturday, May 2, 2009

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

There has been a lot of work accomplished on our property since my husband bought it. Most of it had already been done before I even met him. I didn't realize until I saw a couple of pictures of how much work he had actually done. We have some springs on our property and one of them runs into the creek. However, the one that is behind our house up in the hill runs down to the one that is by the creek. When it rains, this springs runs down from the hill, around the hill by our yard and down to the other spring and into the yard and creek. After years of this, the yard was washed out and rocky. I never saw it this way because by the time I met Dale he had already fixed the problem. So all rock walls, etc. were his way of fixing the problem plus adding to the landscape. In the whole process in making the rock walls, he made it in levels. Now when it rains, it has direction and is a mini waterfall. Sometimes it is so loud that if you are standing beside it you have to talk very loud to be heard.

The first 2 pictures are of the yard where it was constantly being washed out and the other picture is how it looks now. These pictures are the beginning of the "fix." A big difference!

BEFORE


AFTER





I am also posting video of the small waterfall from our recent days' rain. And, yes we do get flooded in sometimes with no way out. I have pictures and video from past floods, but will probably wait to post that when it actually happens again.

1 comment:

Diane said...

WOW! Very nice, he vastly improved it!