In our area, everybody remembers what they were doing on this Saturday - the day before Mother's Day. I had gone to Joplin to do some shopping and I was hurrying as fast as I could because I wanted to be home. Dale had told me that there was a chance for severe weather in the afternoon and I wanted to be safe at home. So I made it home by noon but just a few short hours later on the road I had just traveled, devastation and death hit the area. It traveled for several miles before finally ending. As it made its way through our county, it reeked devastation and death. Fourteen people lost their lives in our county alone.
My mother's house was in its path; but as most people remark when they see the houses close by and the damage they incurred, that God surely had His hand over her. However, she did have some house damage and she lost many, many of her beautiful shade trees. People are still cleaning up a year later and I suspect this will go on for quite some time.
Posted are some shots of Mom's house and yard. Friends showed up immediately to start helping in the clearing of branches, etc. and to get dangerous electrical lines to a safer position.
My mother's house was in its path; but as most people remark when they see the houses close by and the damage they incurred, that God surely had His hand over her. However, she did have some house damage and she lost many, many of her beautiful shade trees. People are still cleaning up a year later and I suspect this will go on for quite some time.
Posted are some shots of Mom's house and yard. Friends showed up immediately to start helping in the clearing of branches, etc. and to get dangerous electrical lines to a safer position.

No comments:
Post a Comment