Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The ARRIVAL of MORE FLOWERS


Before I say anything about the beautiful flowers I received today, I would like to make a comment about Facebook in which I have a few issues with. There are some negative aspects to it such as it being a time robber. At the same time, I have been able to connect with people I haven't seen in years in which it has become a blessing in the form of fellowship with friends. It is just like anything else in life - it's a balancing of what works for you in your life and with God. I will be the first to say that I did waste too much time when I first joined... it was something new and different and fun. After the new was worn a little, I was able to balance the time more appropriately. Some of it is still for relaxation which really helped out during my "illness." The other part of it... I see that it can be used for honoring God. Not everyone may agree with that concept but I have seen it happen. So, yes, Facebook can suck up every living minute of the day if you let it; like anything else you have to learn to say no sometimes. Since joining, a question arises in my mind. What if? What if all of us who are Christians that use Facebook.... what if we divided the time we spent on it - half the time on Facebook and the other half with devotions, etc. I think some would be very surprised how very little time is spent with the most important thing in our lives - God.

Now, to the flowers. As I have said, Facebook has connected me with people I haven't seen or heard from in years. But it has also connected me with people that I really have never known that well. In this one instance, it connected me to a daughter of one of my fairly new acquaintances. If anyone knows Alta Edwards, you know that she is a very, sweet fun-loving lady. And as long as I have known her, I had never met her daughter, Lydia. I knew she existed but had never had the opportunity of actually meeting her until I attended a bridal shower that she hosted - which by the way, she did an excellent job.

So, enter Facebook - friend requests - Lydia and I became Facebook friends. Then enter that ridiculous game of Farm Town!!!! Lydia and I become Farm Town neighbors. And thus began a new friendship. It is nothing now to make contact once a day or so through "our farms". And, today, mainly because of Facebook, I have a new friend. And, today.... that new friend sent me a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses to cheer me up from my recent surgery. I have to say that is one of the most thoughtful things someone has done for me. I believe that like her mother, Lydia Edwards Adams, is a generous, warm-hearted person that anyone would be truly blessed to have as a friend. Thank you, Lydia.

1 comment:

Diane said...

God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform! And He works everything out to our good, praise His name!
Glad you have the surgery behind you! A very thoughtful, beautiful gift!