Saturday, July 18, 2009

THANKING GOD for FAMILY and FRIENDS

Family and friends... when one has both, one is very blessed. I am that one. I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who prayed for me during my hospital stay or just even thought of me. So....

Thank you, Terry, Proctor and Chas Lankford for letting Heath and Aaron spend some time with you.

Thank you, Aunt Sheryl, for picking the boys up, feeding them "junk food" which they appreciated very much and waiting for dad to get home from the hospital, and staying up late when you had to work the next day.

Thank you, Dan Williams, for sitting with Dale and my mom through the waiting period.

Thank you, Bryan, also for sitting with Dale and mom through the surgery. And also for calling up an anesthesiologist friend, who in return called the hospital and told them to take extra special care of me because I was the sister of a friend!

Thank you, Mom, for coming and spending the whole day with me; and then on Saturday bringing us yummy lunch so I wouldn't have to cook.

Thanks to all the friends and family that called Mom to check up on me.

Then thanks to some of my young friends who sent me the flowers pictured below along with a small gift..... Colin and Faith Knight, Brad and Andrew Farless, and Susie and Josh Heyer.

I am sure I am not done thanking friends yet.... but this is a start.

And, now, the most important thanks...
Thank You, God, for seeing me through a difficult time, for making it easier, and for helping me choose the right doctor. And for the great Sunday morning service that preceded my hospital stay. That alone was enough to carry me through.

3 comments:

Diane said...

So glad everything worked out so well for you Pam!

Joanne said...

Glad you made it through your surgery fine!

Pam said...

Thanks, Diane and Joanne, for thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers. So glad it is over and that I am on my way to being healthy again!